DR. ROBERT R. BRADLEY
social sesign innovation portfolio
Curriculum and Instruction with Educational Technology Concentration. Tennessee State University. Nashville, Tennessee.
Creative Writing: Poetry. University of Virginia Charlottesville, Virginia
B.S. Ed. 1981
Secondary Education: Language University of Georgia Athens, Georgia
1988-present President and CEO 5 Talents Holding Company LLC
2011-present Faculty Tennessee State University
2009-present Founder and Licensee TEDxNashville
2010-2012 Founder and Licensee TedxYouth@GreaterNashville
2007-present Executive Director Digital Media Sandbox Consortium
2008-present Chair Engaged Technology Sub-Group, Executive Council, Tennessee Campus Compact
2006-2011 Director Technology Integration, Tennessee State University
2005-07 Project Coordinator TSU-HBCU Watkins Park Technology
Spring 2006 Coordinator Technology and Instruction. Faculty Support Center, Tennessee State University
2002-2006 Instructor Tennessee State University
1998-present Professional Multi-media Artist Nashville, Tennessee
1999-2002 Adjunct Instructor Nashville State Community College
1999-2002 Adjunct Instructor Watkins College of Art, Film and Design
1999-2002 Professor O’More College of Art and Design
1995-98 Teacher Fairview High School (TN)
1991-1992 Visiting Writer-in-Residence and Visiting Director of Creative Writing Program DePaul University
1990-1991 Instructor Howard University
1986-1990 Lecturer/Poet-in-Residence Goucher College
1985-1986 Teacher Tandem School
1984-1985 Lecturer University of Virginia
1981-1983 Teacher Pickens County High School
- DMSC Governors Challenge and Engaged Technology Social Enterprise
- Digital Media Enterprise (DME), Engaged Technology and Service Learning lectures, seminars and presentations at Virginia Tech, University of Virginia, University of Georgia, Tennessee Board of Regents and member institutions, University of Tennessee (Martin), (Chattanooga), and (Knoxville), among others.
- Tennessee State University
- Digital Media Enterprise and Engaged Technology Seminars and Workshops
- Service Learning Workshops: Literary Leadership
- Freshman Composition I and II: Literary Leadership
- Watkins College and O’More College of Art and Design: Service Learning-based English Composition courses.
- DePaul University
- Poetry Writing
- Fiction Writing
- Howard University
- Goucher College
- Creative Writing
- Seminar in Biography and Autobiography
- Johns Hopkins University
- Creative Writing
- University of Virginia
- Creative Writing
- Pickens County High School
- English II, III
Director, Technology Integration Spring 2006—Feb. 2011.
- Founded 4 TEDX events in Nashville, TN.
- Developed online alternative assessment strategies at TSU.
- Curated national inter-collegiate online media tournament (Governors Challenge) over 3 years.
- Developed social enterprise program at TSU.
- Created Engaged Technology project at TSU.
- Developed intramural media tournament model for University Virginia and ACC Innovation Program.
- Co-author and investigator in 650,000.00 HUD grant which established Service Learning Center at TSU.
- Leveraged 22.500.00 in direct corporate support (FedEx Institute and Apple Inc) into over 150,000.00 in indirect returns.
Developed strategic partnership programs in digital media, engagement and social design with
- Montgomery Bell Academy (MBA)
- Metro Nashville Public Schools ((MNPS)
- Oasis Center
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill)
- University of Virginia
- Virginia Tech
- Texas Tech University
- University of Texas, Austin
- University of Georgia
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Tennessee Board of Regents
- University of Tennessee system
- Tennessee Campus Compact
- TED and TEDx
- Mayor’s and Governor’s Offices
Tennessee Board of Regents
- Consultant in Technology. (2009-2010). Maxine Smith Fellows Program.
- Academic Audit Team Leader. (2008-10).
- Academic Audit Team Member (2007).
- Bradley, Robert R. “Active Learning, Action Research: A Case Study in Service Learning, Technology Integration, and Community Engagement.” (Spring 2007). Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement (University of Georgia): (with Clark Maddux, Sue Fuller, Carl Darnell and Brent Wright)
- Bradley, Robert R. “Growing the New Technopolis.” (2007). (Interview in book chapter) U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Bradley, Robert R. (February, 2011)“Structured Assessment in Service Learning.” Volunteer Tennessee Conference. Nashville, TN.
- Bradley, Robert R. (November, 2010). “Digital Media Enterprise.” West Tennessee Technology Conference. University of Tennessee at Martin.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2009-10). “Blue Sky Residencies: Social Enterprise.” University of Virginia: Charlottesville, VA.
- Bradley, Robert R. (Fall, 2010). “The Governors Challenge.” Center for Design Innovation: Winston-Salem, NC.
- Bradley, Robert R. (Fall, 2009) “Engaged Technology.” West Tennessee Technology Conference: University of Tennessee: Martin.
- Bradley, Robert R. December, 2008). “Engaged Technology.” Virginia Tech.: Blacksburg, VA.
- Bradley, Robert R. (February 2007).“Unpacking the Podcast.” North Carolina Campus Compact. Elon University. Elon NC.
- Bradley, Robert R. (March 2007). “Quantify the Quality of Learning.” Technology and Learning Conference: Raleigh NC.
- Bradley, Robert R. (April 2007). “Student Leadership and Engaged Technology.” Technology and Teaching Conference: Middle Tennessee State University.
- Bradley, Robert R. (April 2007). “Unpacking the Podcast: A Guided System for Educational Networks.” Technology and Learning Conference: Farmington, New Mexico.
- Bradley, Robert R. (July, 2007). “Unpacking the Podcast.” Virginia Tech Service Learning: Blacksburg VA.
- Bradley, Robert R. (October, 2007). Digital Media Sandbox Consortium Summit (DMSC): University of Tennessee (Martin).
- Bradley, Robert R. (August, 2007(. Digital Media Sandbox Consortium Summit (DMSC): Vanderbilt University. Nashville, TN.
- Bradley, Robert R. (October, 2007). SCALES Conference: University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill).
- Digital Media Sandbox Consortium Summit (DMSC). (November, 2007) East Tennessee State University Second Life Island. .
- Bradley, Robert R. (November, 2007) “Digital Media Enterprise.” Virginia Tech: Blacksburg VA.
- Bradley, Robert R. (February, 2008). “Technology and Service Learning.” North Carolina Campus Compact: Elon University. Elon, NC.
- Bradley, Robert R. (April,2008). Tennessee Higher-Ed IT Symposium: Fall Creek Falls, TN.
- Bradley Robert R. (November, 2006) “The Ballad of Birmingham: The Story of a Song.” NCTE National Conference, Nashville, TN.
- Bradley, Robert R. (October, 2006) “Growing the New Technopolis.” International E-Learning Conference: Hawaiii. (accepted but could not attend due to lack of funding).
- Bradley, Robert R. (June, 2006) “Unpacking the Podcast.” Educause Regional Conference: Atlanta, GA.
- Bradley, Robert R. (April, 2006) Enhancing Student Learning.” Tennessee Higher Education Commission’s Technology Symposium: Fall Creek Falls, TN.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2006, April 3) “Technology in Curriculum.” Faculty Development Symposium,:Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN.
- Bradley, Robert (March, 2006). Unpacking the Podcast. Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Foundation Convention: Las Vegas, NV.
- “Passionate Wishes: Lucinda Williams.” Journal of Country Music. (1996).
- “Behind the Face of the Poet.” (1995). This House is Made of Poetry. Carbondale: U of Southern Illinois P.
- “High Country.” Journal of Country Music. (1995).
- “Vic Chesnutt: Tradition and the Individual Talent.” Journal of Country Music. (1993).
- “Redeeming Time: The Poetry of Robert Francis.” Painted Bride Quarterly. (1988).
Edited Volumes (Poetry)
HAW RIVER BOOKS, Nashville, TN. 1988-present.
- Writing the World. by William Stafford, 1988.
- The Apple Found in the Plowing, by Robert Bly, 1989.
- The Solution by Ruth Stone, 1989.
- Hymning the Kanawha by Tom Andrews. 1990.
- Black Tulips by Molly Bendall. 1990.
- The Living and the Dead by David Daniel, 1992.
Writing the World nominated for the 1988 Los Angeles Times Book of the Year in Poetry.
- Editor, Haw River Books, 1988-present.
- Visiting Director of Creative Writing, DePaul University. Fall, 1991.
- Coordinator, College Reading Series, Goucher College. 1987-88.
- Poetry Editor, Poetry East, University of Virginia, 1984-85.
- Host and Producer, “Poetry in Performance,” Weekly Radio Show, WTJU: Charlottesville, Virginia. 1984-85.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2006). “Outside,” “Romance,” “This Side of Why.” Mad Hatter Review: http://www.madhatterreview.com, 2006: issue 5 and 6.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2006). “Days Away,” “Peace,” “Storm Season.” Cezanne’s Carrot: http://www.cezannescarrot.org, June.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2006). “Grassy Knoll,” “The Christian Witch.” New English Review, London, England, January and February.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2006). “The Cudgel,” The Rockhurst Review, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, MO.
- Bradley, Robert R. (2006). “Forever,” The Comstock Review,” Syracuse, NY, Spring.
- Bradley, Robert R. “A Dry Wake for Ex.” Ploughshares: Winter, 1993.
- Bradley, Robert R. (Summer 1988). “Whistlestop: Witchita, Kansas.” Gettysburg Review: Gettysburg, PA.
- Robert R. Bradley. (Fall, 1988). “Necessity.” Southern Poetry Review:
- Robert R. Bradley (Fall 1987). “MilkGhost.” Seneca Review.
- Robert R. Bradley. (Fall, 1987). “The Dolphins,” “Cataract,” “Dobro.” Poetry East: DePaul University, Chicago, IL.
- Bradley, Robert R. (1985). “Message to Father in Porkpie Hat, with Cocktail.” Antioch Review: Yellow Springs, Ohio.
- Bradley, Robert R. (1985). “Ways to Reach.” Plainsong: Bowling Green, KY.
- Bradley, Robert r. (1985). “Saint Mary’s Breath.” IRIS: Charlottesville, VA.
- Bradley, Robert R. (Fall, 1984). Painted Bride Quarterly. “The Move West,” “The House Between, “Reflection Seen in a Shop Window.”
Selected performances of music, poetry and spoken world up to 2005 at: Springwater, Pub of Love, 12 and Porter, Exit In, Sutler, Bluebird, Windows on the Cumberland, Nashville Convention Center, Boardwalk, Wagon Burner, Kijiji Coffee House, Radio Café, The Family Wash, French Quarter, Bongo Java, The Basement, as well as:
- Vanderbilt University Scarrit-Bennett Center: 2011, Nashville.
- Ensworth School, 2005.
- California College of the Arts, 2004: San Francisco.
- Redlands Poetry Center, 2004: Redlands CA.
- Bennington College July Program, Bennington. 2002.
- Bennington Collfege July Program, Bennington V T June 2001.
- Bennington College MFA Program, Bennington. V’T June 2001.
- Sayre School. Lexington, KY December, 2000
- Bennington College, Bennington, VT. July, 2000
- Deer Creek Amphitheatre: Indianapolis, IN. (opened for Ted Nugent, Deep Purple and Lynyrd Skynyrd).
- Davis-Kidd Bookstore, Nashville, TN., September, 1996.
- University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia, March, 1993.
- University of Virginla, Charlottesville, Virginia, April, 1992.
- Randolph Macon College, Lynchburg, Virginia, April, 1992.
- Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia, April, 1992.
- DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois, March, 1992.
- Ragdale Foundation, Lake Forest, Ill. February, 1992.
- Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois, February, 1992.
- Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts. April, 1991.
- Randolph-Macon College, Lynchburg, Virginia. April, 1991.
- Butler University, Indianapolis, Indiana: April, 1989.
- Benefit for the Waterford Foundation, Waterford, Virginia: December, 1988.
- Benefit for Amnesty International, Baltimore, Maryland: February 14, 1987.
- Longworth Congressional Building, Washington, D.C. June, 1988.
- With Robert Bly, Painted Bride Arts Center, Philadelphia: March, 1987.
- Worcestor State College, Worcestor, Massachusetts: March, 1987.
- Worcestor Poetry Society, Worcestor, Mass., October 1985.
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia: September, 1984.
AWARDS & HONORS
- Nominee, Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award, American Association for Higher Education. 2005.
- Faculty Fellow in Service Learning, Tennessee State University. 2004-05
- Fellow, Virginia Center for the Creative Arts. 1992.
- Fellow, Ragdale Foundation. 1992.
- Scholar, Breadloaf Writer’s Conference. 1988.
- Faculty Fellow in Poetry, University of Virginia 1984-1985.Academy of American Poets Prize. 1984.
SELECTED CREATIVE WORKS (in production and/or published)
All assets ©2017 invisible zen media
- 1. Poetry
- 2. Fiction
- 3. Spoken Word
- 4. Music
- 5. Art
- 6. Videos
PRAISE FOR BOB BRADLEY
“Bob Bradley layers his stories in transcendent, rare whispers, to be like the library scene of Wender’s “Wings of Desire” run through Faulkner, ecstatic Whitman, Nabokov, Melville even. He is a joy to read.”
Michael Stipe (R.E.M.; Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)
“I’ve played with the finest spoken word artists: Porter Wagoner, Allen Ginsberg, Marty Stuart, Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings and Johnny Cash. Bob is up there with the best of them.”
Kenny Vaughan (Marty Stuart, Lucinda Williams, et al; Americana Music Association Hall of Fame)
Winter Apples (Alembic Press: 1988)
Atomic Erotic Series, Volumes 1-6
- Volume 1: The Moon is Always Local (Talking Rock Media: 2013)
- Volume 2: Handshake in Thought
- Volume 3: Night Season
- Volume 4: Sunset Blush: Atomic Erotic Selected
- Volume 5: Null the Void
- Volume 6: Thrum
1. Haw River Lotus
2. Feast of St. Michael
3. Thunderama Omnibus
- Southern Moonshine
- National Glamour
- Acoustic Shadows
- Time of the Hedgeapples
5. Heaven of the Milk Trees
6. Winter Poems
7. Memento Mori
8. Begin. Again.
- Warchild: The Confessions (2012)
- Broken Rose II (2015)
- Tenure Portfolio: Dr. Elvis Crockett (AKA The Memphis Pocket)
- Via Regia Rampages: I, Roamer
(invisible zen media with Pure Product Media)
1. Night Sessions (with Kenny Vaughan)
2. Handshake in Thought (with Kenny Vaughan and Zircon Tiara)
3. Broken Rose III (with Kenny Vaughan)
4. Bless: America’s Greatest Hits Volume I: Dickinson and Whitman (with George Bradfute)
5. PsalmSalvation (with Kenny Vaughan)
(invisible zen media with Pure Product Works)
- 1991 Secular Musics (album)
- 1992 Sky Blue, Butter Yellow (EP)
- 1995 Wood Chip Stew (EP)
- 1998 Sparkles from the Wheel (Album)
- 2001 Pure Product: Volume I and II (Albums)
- 2004 Tobacco Sunburst (Album)
- 2004 Hollywood Chateau (Album)
- 2008 Pop Goes the Metaphor (Album)
- 2011 Bodark: Feast of St. Michael (Album)
10.2014 Thunderama (Album)
- PLAYS: 6.721
- FOLLOWERS: 433
- SONGS: 1,574
List galleries 1-6 with links
1.0 Analog Roam Galleries Series 1: “The Sun Knows Where to Find Us 1”
2.0 Analog Roam Galleries Series 2: “Cartographies/Arma Gideon Times”
3.0 Analog Roam Galleries Series 3: “Acoustic Shadows 1”
4.0 Analog Roam Galleries Series 4: “People 1”
5.0 Analog Roam Galleries Series 5: “Bless”
6.0 Analog Roam Galleries Series 6: “Ladyfinger”
- ARMA GIDEON TIME
- GLOSSOLALIA: THE MUSES OF VIC CHESNUTT
- JOURNAL ENTRY: AN AMERICAN SONG
VIDEOS LINK : Analog Roam Galleries with invisible zen media
- APPLACHIAN VALLEY MIST 1 SERIES
- TUXEDO CAT 1 SERIES: MISCHIEF AND SUCH
- AMERICAN BLOOD 1 SERIES: PEACE SERIES
- SPIRIT 1 SERIES
- BROKEN ROSE II
- SPIRIT 2 SERIES
- LITTLE WING 1 SERIES: THE SEASONS OF HER TEMPLE
- BARK 1 SERIES
- DAFT PUNK 1 SERIES
10. RED 1 SERIES
11. LANDS 1 SERIES
12. GLOSSOLALIA: THE MUSES OF VIC CHESNUTT